Moving is a process that many people have to go through at some point in their life. It can be extremely stressful, not to mention expensive if moving yourself isn’t an option. If you are moving for the first time or moving again after a long break, there are certain things that you should keep in mind to make sure your move goes smoothly. In this blog post, we cover the top 10 moving tips!
How to Find a Trustworthy, Reliable Mover?
When you’re moving, it’s important to choose a reputable moving company. But how can you be sure that the moving company you select is reliable and trustworthy? Here are some tips:
- Check the company’s licensing and insurance. Make sure that the moving company is licensed and insured.
- Read online reviews. Look for online reviews from previous customers.
- Ask for moving company reviews. Another way to find a moving company is by asking friends or family members if they had any experience with good moving companies in the past.
- Get estimates from more than one mover and compare them before making a decision about which moving company to hire. If you’re hiring movers in Chicago, moving company reviews are an excellent way to get information about moving companies in your area.
- Do not hire moving company Craigslist ads. If you want to know how to select a moving company, don’t use moving services from Craigslist or other online classifieds since these might be scams operated by people who have no experience in the moving business.
1. Use the Right Size Boxes
When moving, it’s important to use the right size boxes. This will help ensure that your belongings are packed safely and securely.
- Too big of a box can cause things to shift around during transit and could lead to damage.
- Too small of a box can also be a problem. It may not be able to hold all of your belongings, which could lead to items being damaged or lost.
- It’s best to use boxes that are appropriately sized for the item you’re packing. This will help avoid any damage or problems during transport.
2. Don’t Leave Empty Spaces in the Boxes
When moving, one of the worst things you can do is to leave empty spaces in your moving boxes. You might think that it’s easier to just stuff everything into each box and then worry about sorting items out later when time allows but this move could lead to some serious consequences down the line.
3. Keep the Essentials with You
No one wants to spend their moving day running back and forth between their old home and the new one. Make sure you keep the essentials with you your wallet, phone, keys, etc. You don’t want to have to worry about these things while you’re trying to move all of your furniture!
4. Take Special Care Packing the Kitchen for Moving
Your kitchen is likely one of the most used rooms in your home, so it’s important to take special care when packing it up for moving. Here are a few tips:
- Pack dishes and cups securely inbox. Wrap each piece individually in bubble wrap or newspaper.
- Don’t forget to pack pots, pans, and baking dishes. Pack them in boxes and also wrap them individually.
- Don’t pack any food or liquids. They can spill and damage your belongings.
- Pack knives and other sharp objects in a separate box and be sure to label it accordingly.
- If you’re moving appliances, remember to disconnect them and pack the cords separately.
- Leave the doors of cabinets and appliances open so that they can air out during the move.
5. Tape Your Moving Boxes Well
The last tip is to make sure you tape your moving boxes well. This will help to keep the contents inside safe during transport. Be sure to use packing tape, not masking tape, and be generous with it. You don’t want any of your precious cargo spilling out during the move!
If you’re using moving boxes from a local store, they will likely have packing tape already on them. If you’re using boxes you’ve assembled yourself, be sure to add plenty of tape before moving day.
Bonus Tip: Label your boxes! This will make it much easier to unpack in your new home. Write what’s inside each box on the outside with a permanent marker. Trust us, moving is hard enough without having to open every moving box looking for that special screwdriver you packed.
How Can I Make Moving Out Easier?
Moving out can be a difficult process, but there are ways to make it easier. One of the best things you can do is hire a moving company. They will take care of all the heavy lifting and moving for you, so you don’t have to worry about a thing.
Another great way to make moving out easier is to follow moving tips from moving companies. You can find them on their website South Jersey movers.
If you’re looking for a moving company to help you relocate, we can provide affordable and dependable service. You deserve the best possible move and our team is here to make that happen! By offering moving services in Cherry Hill, and having South Jersey movers in Moorestown, We offer expert packing services with our movers to help ensure all of your belongings are accounted for before they leave your home or office space. You can also trust us to handle any last minute changes in logistics so everything runs smoothly on move day!